October Awareness & Promotional Days
Celebrate throughout the month
- Auto Battery Safety Month
- Breast Health Awareness Month
- Celiac Sprue Awareness Month
- Class Reunion Month
- Diversity Awareness Month
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Family Health Month
- German American Heritage Month
- Halloween Safety Month
- Head Start Awareness Month
- Health Literacy Month
- Healthy Lung Month
- National Animal Safety and Protection Month
- National Book Month
- National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- National Chiropractic Month
- National Crime Prevention Month
- National Dental Hygiene Month
- National Down Syndrome Month
- National Liver Awareness Month
- National Orthodontic Health Month
- National Pharmacy Month
- National Physical Therapy Month
- National Reading Group Month
- National Window Safety Month
- Photographer Appreciation Month
- Polish American Heritage Month
- Positive Attitude Month
- Red Ribbon Month
- Vegetarian Awareness Month
- Women's Small Business Month
- World Blindness Awareness Month
Celebrate during a specific week
- America's Safe Schools Week ~ 3rd week in Oct.
- Character Counts Week ~ 3rd week in Oct.
- Drive Safely to Work Week ~ 1st week in Oct.
- Emergency Nurses Week ~ Oct. 7 - Oct. 13
- Financial Planning Week ~ 1st week in Oct.
- Fire Prevention Week ~ 1st week in Oct.
- Freedom of Speech Week ~ 3rd Week in Oct.
- Improve Your Home Office Week ~ 2nd week in Oct.
- International Credit Union Week ~ 3rd Week in Oct.
- International Infection Prevention Week ~ 2nd week in Oct.
- Kids Care Week ~ 3rd Week in Oct.
- Last Week to Register to Vote ~ Oct. 1 - Oct. 2
- Medical Assistant's Week ~ 3rd Week in Oct.
- Mental Illness Awareness Week ~1st week in Oct.
- National Business Women's Week ~ 3rd Week in Oct.
- National Chemistry Week ~ 3rd Week in Oct.
- National Customer Service Week ~ 1st week in Oct.
- National Food Bank Week ~ Oct. 14 - Oct. 20
- National Health Care Food Service Week ~ 1st week in Oct.
- National Health Education Week ~ 3rd week in Oct.
- National Message Therapy Week ~ 4th week in Oct.
- National Newspaper Week ~ 1st week in Oct.
- National Respiratory Care Week ~ last week in Oct.
- National School Bus Safetey Week ~ 3rd Week in Oct.
- National School Lunch Week ~ 2nd week in Oct.
- National Veterinary Technician Week ~ 2nd week in Oct.
- Physician's Assistant Week ~ Oct. 6 - Oct. 12
- Red Ribbon Week ~ last week in Oct.
- Teen Read Week ~ 3rd week in Oct.
- World Rain-forest Week ~ 3rd week in Oct.
- World Space Week ~ Oct. 4 - Oct. 10
- YWCA Week Without Violence ~ 3rd week in Oct.
Celebrate on a specific date
- Global Hand Washing Day ~ Oct. 15
- Halloween ~ Oct. 31
- Put the Brakes on Fatalities Day ~ Oct. 10
- National Boss Day ~ Oct. 16
- National Depression Screening Day ~ 1st Thursday in Oct.
- National Mammography Day ~ Oct. 3
- National Make a Difference Day ~ 4th Saturday in Oct.
- National Mole Day ~ Oct. 23
- Statue of Liberty Dedication Day ~ Oct. 28
- United Nations Day ~ Oct. 24
- World Food Day ~ Oct. 16
- World Mental Health Day ~ Oct. 10
There are so many things to do during the month of October as long as you are willing to be creative. For example a portion of the months sales can be donated to a breast cancer awareness organization, or to help solve a lesser known disorder such as Celiac Sprue. Every customer that has a positive attitude throughout the month can receive a spotlight on your Facebook page, blog, e-newsletter or website, for Positive Attitude Month. For National Food Bank Week consider having a food drive where customers that bring in 'X' amount of canned goods get a discount on select items and then donate the food to your local food bank. Figure out what you and your staff can do to really make a difference in your community on National Make a Difference Day. The possibilities are endless!
What special days will you celebrate this month at your small business?
Need assistance with unique promotional items to kickoff your awareness celebration? Let Celebrate Atlanta assist you with creative promotional ideas and products that will set your brand apart from your competition. Call 404-494-0047 or email Ashley: email@example.com.
Connect with us on Facebook www.facebook.com/CelebrateAtlanta and Twitter @CelebrateATL we want to hear your advice, opinions and comments!